Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Top 10 Computer Science Programs
The following computer schools' programs are considered to be the top 10 computer science programs in the nation, in no particular order:
1. California Institute of Technology: Caltech is considered one of the top computer-science-programs because the curriculum is flexible to accommodate many educational and career goals, with numerous research options in the field.
2. Carnegie Mellon University: This is one of the best computer science-programs because the curriculum is broad, ranging from theory to design to programming, with plenty of research opportunities and many specialized undergraduate and graduate degree options.
3. Cornell University: The computer-science-programs at this prestigious university are found in the college of arts and sciences as well as the college of engineering, with options for traditional computer-science and studies in artificial intelligence, computer graphics, computational biology, etc.
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT has a name synonymous with technology, mathematics and the sciences with opportunities for lab work and networking with experts in the field.
5. Princeton University: This is not only one of the top computer-science programs, but one of the top schools in the country period. Programs include computational science, languages, programming languages, systems, theory and electives including computational biology, graphics, media and security.
6. Stanford University: This is one of the most diverse computer science-programs with curriculum ranging from robotics and AI to more traditional theories and clinical practice in nine specialized tracks requiring research projects within the field.
7. University of California-Berkeley: UC Berkeley's Electrical Engineering and Computer-Sciences department is known for using knowledge and technology to understand the human body and to solve problems through various projects.
8. University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign: This school's computer science-program has several important entrepreneurial leaders among its alumni. Specializations include computer-science, math and computer-science, and statistics and computer-science.
9. University of Texas-Austin: With a program known for innovation and research, this is a top choice for anyone looking to use computer science to advance our global society.
10. University of Washington: This is considered one of the best computer-science*programs because of its award winning faculty and successful alumni.